The Riley One-Point-Five and similar Wolseley 1500 are automobiles which were produced by Riley and Wolseley respectively from 1957 to 1965. They utilised the Morris Minor floorpan, suspension and steering but were fitted with the larger 1,489 cc (90.9 cu in) B-Series engine and MG Magnette gearbox. The two models were differentiated by nearly 20 hp (15 kW), the Riley having twin SU carburettors giving it the more power at 68 hp (50 kW). The Wolseley was released in April 1957 and the Riley was launched in November, directly after the 1957 London Motor Show.
The Series II was released in May 1960. The most notable external difference was the hidden boot and bonnet hinges. Interior storage was improved with the fitting of a full width parcel shelf directly beneath the fascia.
The Series III was introduced in October 1961, featuring revisions to the grille and rear lights.
In October 1962 the cars received the more robust crank, bearing and other details of the larger 1,622 cc unit now being fitted in the Austin Cambridge and its ""Farina"" styled clones. Unlike the Farina models, however, the Wolseley 1500 and Riley One-Point-Five retained the 1,489cc engine size with which they had been launched back in 1957.
Production ended in 1965 with 39,568 Rileys and 103,394 Wolseleys made.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia